Sunday, July 13, 2014

Twice in the same week.

Saturday July 12, 2014 

I don't think I'm ever going to forget this day. My friends and I all went to see Brand New in Philly. It was a 2 hour drive and I thankfully didn't have to drive at all this time around.

First, I had to call out from work because there was no way that I was going to pass up seeing Brand New again, plus I had more friends to enjoy it with.

Including myself, there were five of us waiting for Brand New. We got pretty close to the stage and there were people coming in from the right side of the stage and that to me looked like good news because that meant that a mosh pit was definitely going to happen. The lights went down and everyone began cheering for Brand New, but they've yet to appear on stage and this crazy ass song comes on with the lyrics "please don't keep me waiting." It was the longest fucking song I've ever heard. EVER. I was dying.

Near the end of that song, my friend Sam starts to feel like she's about to pass out, so she leaves for water and shortly after she's gone, Brand New starts playing and I'm stuck in a crazy mosh/push pit with Adam where we're separated from Billy and Jakub immediately. It was fun, scary, and annoying all at the same time. I loved it. It's exactly what I expected and wanted. However, I felt like shit for not going with Sam, but the crowd was pretty rough at this point, so I had as much fun as could before it calmed down and left Adam to retrieve Sam. After a phone call of not understanding half of the things she said, we decided to meet at a concession stand and head back to the crowd together.

Our goal was to meet up with Adam, but it proved to be difficult with people getting mad at us and the crowd being pretty damn tight. We were also on the left side of the stage, which meant we also had to start walking towards the right side, which we were decently far from. We would stop along the way to enjoy the concert, but both of us craved that high energy crowd and finally made more moves toward the actual crowd. Sam and I both thought we saw Jakub and after staring at this stranger for a few seconds, I turn to her and say, "He kinda looks like Jakub" and he looks at us and just says "sorry" with a chuckle. It was kinda funny and awkward.

During what seemed like the encore we were in a mosh pit and extremely close to the stage. My shortness didn't even factor into me not seeing them. We got pushed into a bunch of other people and once the pit calmed down, I basically had to grab Sam towards the right and on the other side of the mosh pit we found Adam. It was a fun reuniting moment, it felt like days since we've seen him and the chances of finding your friend in a crowd is pretty slim. One last song played and we endured more roughness, but Adam basically blocked anyone who could potentially hurt us and I got a sweet view of the stage. Once their last song was over, everyone found each other. I guess we all weren't that far from each other in the first place.

Everyone seemed satisfied with the experience of attending a Brand New concert which made me happy because I was pretty fucking satisfied. This is the best show I've ever been to and I'm pretty damn grateful that I could spend it with not shitty people.

No comments:

Post a Comment