Sunday, March 8, 2015

I'm my own best friend...

This may sound like I don't appreciate what I have, but I feel empty and a little aggravated. 
I feel like everyone I associate myself with doesn't completely understand me and I honestly feel like no one's really tried that hard. It kinda makes sense since I tend to be more introverted, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy being social or opening up. I'm the type of person who won't tell you anything unless I'm asked. I have to be sure there's a genuine interest because I absolutely hate forced conversation and fake friendliness.

That's besides the point though. My issue is that whenever I talk to someone about my internal struggles and general issues, it feels like they don't really care. I could be wrong, maybe that person just doesn't know what to say, but goddamn... I'd rather hear a joke about my struggles than to feel like I've just wasted my time speaking to someone. This happens with a lot of my friends and it makes me feel so alone. I feel like I'm always the one giving advice and giving my friends the push and confidence to move forward in their lives. I don't get that shit in return. I never really felt good after talking to a friend. A lot of the time, I feel more unsure about myself and I second guess myself to no end. 

I don't want to feel like I'm alone anymore. I want someone to actually listen and comprehend what I'm telling them when I say I'm not feeling like myself. When I tell them my heart is aching because I feel like I'm working towards nothing at all and I'm just not satisfied with where I am in life. I don't need you to offer me a job or to help me look for one at that. I just need some reassurance that everything is going to be ok. I don't need you to tell me what I did wrong to end up in this position. JUST FUCKING TELL ME EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment